I saw this tag on Flavia’s blog a few months ago (as usual!) – if you haven’t checked out her page please do. She has a cute winter theme that I love!
Libraries are great resources, although in the UK they have seen their funding cut and cut, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to say thank you to my local libraries. As Arthur taught me:
1. How often do you visit your local library?
I go to the library probably once every few weeks to do pick ups and returns.
2. Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you can read or are you someone who checks out the exact amount of books you intend to read before they are due?
Usually I check out far too many books because they all look so good! So I tend to have to renew some books two or three times before they get finished. Oops.
3. How old were you when you got your first library card?
Too young to remember. My parents and grandparents always read to me and I loved going to the library when I was very young (as well as now!)
4. Do you go to your library for a particular book or do you check out anything that piques your interest?
Usually I go to the library because I’ve reserved books rather than to browse. I have so many books on my goodreads TBR that if I see anything in the library that sounds good it usually goes on the end of the list.
5. Do you only check out books or do you also get DVDs, audiobooks, etc.?
I don’t remember the last time I watched a DVD! But I do get a lot of audiobooks especially since I got my car a couple of months ago. I also get e-audiobooks sometimes, which is a great perk of the library.
6. From what section of the library do you check out most of your books?
It’s usually the adult fiction section, although I do also like looking at the non-fiction and YA.
7. What is your favorite part of using your local library?
Libraries in the UK don’t seem as cool as the ones in the USA. In my local libraries at least it’s much more a place to go pick up books than it is a community hub, so I’d just have to say being able to get books for free!