Winter is well and truly here – I’ve drank more hot chocolate than anything else these last few weeks, and I’m already dying for Summer! Today I am doing the Winter Wonderland book tag – I’m not sure who the original creator was as their video has been removed from youtube, but these are some cute winter questions to get me excited about reading!
1. What book is so happy and sweet that it warms your heart?
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine: Eleanor is such a sweet character and I love her story of finding friendship, it’s uplifting while dealing with difficult topics.
2. What is your favourite book with a white cover?
Dolores Claiborne – Stephen King
3. You’re sitting in a nice comfy chair, wearing a onesie, with a lovely warm hot chocolate but what MONSTER read are you reading?
It by Stephen King: Two SKs in one tag! But this is a monster book in several meanings and it’s taking a long while to work my way through – hot chocolate would definitely help with the creepy parts.
4. It started snowing so you decided to have a snowball fight! What fictional character would you love to have the snowball fight with?
Fred and George Weasley: Who wouldn’t want a snowball fight with the twins? They’d be so fun!
5. Sadly, your fire is beginning to go out. So what book would you tear the last few chapters out to throw into the fire?
This is a hard question! Probably P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. This was such a strong book, but the ending just fell flat for me. I wanted it to go in a particular direction, and Holly’s position at the end of the book just felt a bit anti-climactic.
6. What book is so close to your heart that you would gift to someone this Christmas who hasn’t read before but wants to get into reading?
I never get to buy books as presents because none of my family like reading much, so if I were to buy them a book it would either be something non-fiction or with beautiful pictures.