1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I like to read sitting at my desk or in bed before I go to sleep. I also like reading in the bath to help me to relax.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark – definitely. I just love having pretty bookmarks.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I definitely have to finish chapters before I go to bed. Some people don’t go to bed on an argument, I don’t go to bed on an unfinished chapter.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
One of my favourite things to do is go to a cafe with my book and get a slice of cake and a hot chocolate. Books are great for when you want to go to a restaurant or cafe on your own, and don’t want people feeling sorry for you – or at least not caring when they do!
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I couldn’t imagine anything more distracting than watching TV or listening to music when I’m trying to read a book.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
One book at a time.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I like reading everywhere – on the train, in bed, in cafes. For some reason I can’t read in the car though.
8. Reading out lout or silently in your head?
Silently, definitely. I think I’d look like a nutter reading to myself on public transport
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I often read ahead when I’m starting a new book. I like doing it at the start of the book because I won’t have any idea who the characters are yet but I know where I’m going in the story, and the characters who are likely to be important.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I like new books, but it’s also nice to see a cracked spine so you know you’ve already read and enjoyed that book
11. Do you write in your books?
No, that would make me cry. I think the only books I’ve ever written in were for university or school so they don’t really count.
1. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time?
I read whenever I get the chance. If I could get paid to read all the time, I would.
2. What is your best setting to read in?
With a hot chocolate and nothing else to do that day
3. What do you do first – Read or Watch?
I think the only thing I have ever read before I watched was the Harry Potter series. I have met so many authors – Agatha Christie, Suzanne Collins, David Nicholls – because I’ve seen the film or series first.
4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?
Physical book for sure. Although I love Stephen Fry’s Harry Potter readings.
5. Do you have a unique habit when you read?
6. Do book series have to match?
Well, it’s nice to look at them on shelves, but I’d rather a good series that doesn’t match, then pretty books that are rubbish